Socca Chickpea Flatbread is a grain free pancake type bread made of high protein legume flour.
Socca Chickpea Flatbread
Socca chickpea flatbread is a grain free pancake made from protein rich legume flour. Approved for detox diet on designated days.
- 1 cup chickpea flour (garbanzo bean flour)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- dried or fresh herbs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the water into a medium bowl. Add flour to bowl slowly, whisking in until smooth. Stir in the oil and salt. If using herbs, add them now.
- Grease a 9-inch round or square baking pan and pour chickpea mixture into it.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the socca is dry on top, crisp around the edges and golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack, then cut into wedges and serve.
Adapted from http://www.sondibruner.com