Lentil Almond Falafels are gluten free and dairy free.
Lentil Almond Falafels
Lentil Almond Falafels are a gluten free dairy free vegetarian protein source that is easy to mix together and enjoy.
- 1 cup lentils
- ½ cup almond flour or meal
- ½ batch organic parsley (washed)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 garlic head (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Soak the lentils in water overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 F, place the garlic head in the oven, and remove from the oven once a toothpick can go easily in (start checking after 12 minutes).
- After the garlic is soft enough and has cooled, cut the top of the garlic head open and use fingers to squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins.
- Rinse the soaked lentils, place all patties ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until pureed.
- Form patties with clean wet hands.
- Place 2 extra tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a skillet, and heat it over medium heat. Once hot, add the patties and press gently with spatula. Brown for about 3 minutes, flip the patties, and brown for about 3 more minutes.
- Remove from pan and repeat until all patties are cooked, adding more extra virgin olive oil if required.