Brown rice—higher in fiber and other nutrients than its white counterpart—is the perfect vehicle for this quick, protein-heavy lunch.
Rice Bowl with Fried Egg and Avocado
- 4 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt (freshly ground pepper)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 egg whites
- 1 avocado (chopped)
- Organic hot sauce (for serving)
- Mix scallions, rice, and vinegar in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Crack egg whites into skillet; season with salt and pepper and cook until whites are set around the edges, about 1 minute. Flip eggs and cook to desired doneness, about 30 seconds.
- Divide rice among bowls; top with egg whites, avocado, and hot sauce.
Adapted from Bonappetit