Pan-Roasted Chicken, Spinach & Mushrooms is a fantastic way to get the nutrients from greens with a rich protein.
Pan-Roasted Chicken, Spinach & Mushrooms
Pan-Roasted Chicken, Spinach &
Mushrooms is a great way to get the nutrients of greens with the protein from lean chicken.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless (skinless chicken breasts cut into pieces)
- 1 bunch green onions (sliced thin, green part)
- discarded OR 1 large shallot (minced)
- 8 oz. mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme or tarragon OR 1 tsp. dried
- 1 bunch spinach (~1 lb. OR asparagus, washed and)
- chopped into large pieces
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Heat oil in a heavy, ovenproof
- pan over medium heat. Sauté chicken pieces for
- about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
- Add onions/shallot, mushrooms, and garlic to pan
- and sauté, stirring, for about 3-4 minutes. Be careful
- that garlic does not burn. Add broth, thyme, spinach/
- asparagus, and top with chicken. Bring mixture to a
- boil. Cover pan and bake for about 10-15 minutes,
- being sure not to overcook chicken. Season with salt/
- pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Metagenics