Today’s recipe is brought to you by Mary, a Heal n Cure patient. This melting pot of delicious fresh vegetables makes a great weeknight dinner that can be stored for leftovers through-out the week.
Mary’s Make-You-Skinny Crockpot Vegetables
If you can, buy all organic fresh vegetables. Chop and toss all of the following into the slow cooker
- 2 c. Eat Smart Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Kit (this includes sliced Brussels Sprouts, Green Cabbage, Kale, Chicory, Broccoli. Do not include bag inside.)
- 2 stalks Celery
- 3 cloves Garlic smashed
- 1-2 T. Penzey’s Spices dried Shallots
- 6 large fresh Green Beans
- 1 Onion 1 Zucchini
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 10 Asparagus Spears tips
- 1/2 c. Broccoli
- 1/2 c Cauliflower
- 1 small Eggplant peeled and cubed
- 5 large Portobello Mushrooms
- 28 oz box POMI Strained Tomatoes
- 1/2 c (Pictsweet frozen cut Okra)
- Handful fresh Parsley (stems removed)
Spices that take this over the top to be delicious
- 1 t. Penzey’s Spices Greek Seasoning (salt)
- 1 T. Penzey’s Spices FORWARD spice mix (no salt, no sugar)
- 2 t. Spice Islands Lemon Pepper
- 1/8 t Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Cook on LOW for 9 hours or more.
- Half way through cooking taste it to decide if you want it more spicy. You may want to add some filtered water if you want it more like soup.
Freezes well in pint containers.
All spices can be purchased online at www.Penzeys.com