Today’s recipe is brought to you by Mary, a Heal n Cure patient. The Eggplant, Tomato Sauce, Okra, Lentil Spiced Stew uses an exciting spice blend Advieh, Persian Spice Blend from zamourispices.com
1 large eggplant or more peeled, then sliced through a mandolin for thin slices. Fried till dark in a small amount of olive oil on a cast iron grill fry pan. Start the other pieces in a second flat fry pan till the grill pan is free to use. Add to slow cooker.
In slow cooker add the following:
- 12 oz bag frozen Pictsweet cut okra, rinsed.
- 26 oz boxed POMI strained tomato sauce
- 1/2 c. Trader Joe’s small whole green lentils
- 1/2 zucchini chopped
- 3-4 fresh green beans chopped
- 2 mini pepper, red, orange, yellow
- 1 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil or 3 Kalamata Olives chopped
- 3 T. Amore double concentrated tomato paste in a tube (salt)
The following spices can be adjusted to your taste, none have salt in them:
- 2 t. Spice Islands Lemon Pepper blend in the grinder
- 2 t. Penzeys Spices Roasted Garlic dried
- 1 T. Penzeys Spices Minced Toasted Onion
- 2 t. freshly ground Tellicherry Black Pepper (Ground from Penzeys Spices whole black Tellicherry peppers)
- 1 t. dried Parsley Flakes
- 1/8 t. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 t. dried Dill Weed
- 1/4 t. Penzey’s Greek Seasoning (salt)
- 1 t. dried Mint Leaves
The next ingredients are an absolute MUST, purchased online at –http://www.zamourispices.com/. These are the secret ingredients that makes this over the top spectacular.
- 2-3 T. Zamouri Spices ADVIEH Persian Stew Spice (no salt, no sugar)
- 1 T. Zamouri Spices Sumac Berries Turkish ground
- 4 beef bones with marrow.
- 1/2 c. carmelized onions
- 1/4 c. Nature’s Earthly Choice Black Rice
Just barely cover with filtered water. Cook on low for 9 hours or overnight.
Note: Half way through the cooking taste it to see if you want to add more spices, if you would like to add a little more water and stir it.
Serve this with the following:
Non-fat Fage 0% Greek yogurt with fresh lemon juice squeezed over it, and sprinkled with dried dill weed and/or dried mint flakes.
Lots of fresh mint leaves.
Mary’s Egg Parsley Herb Souffle (See recipe on website).
A glass of filtered water with a very small chunk of fresh peeled turmeric in it or fresh peeled ginger Mini baby cucumbers.