This ketogenic diet inspired recipe is naturally free of gluten and all grains.
- 4 organic eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 TBS coconut flour
- 1 TBS Swerve (or a drop of stevia glycerite)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- Coconut oil for frying
- 1 cup organic butter
- 1 cup Swerve confectioners
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and mix on high until smooth. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes or store in the fridge overnight for easy breakfast (the mixture thickens a little).
- Stir again just before using.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet onto medium high. Have a pot holder close by (the handle gets very hot).
- Pour a few tablespoons of the batter into the well greased skillet. With the pot holder on your hand, swirl the dough all around the pan to have a very thin layer of batter that covers the whole pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Remove from skillet and fold in ½ and then fold in ½ again.
- Top with homemade syrup.
- To make the syrup: In a large saucepan, heat the butter over high heat. Whisking every few seconds. The butter will “fluff” up to the top of the saucepan and then fall back down. Watch for lots of brown flecks and remove from heat. Watch closely, you do not want “black” flecks.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the Swerve until smooth.
- Whisk in the almond milk.
- This will thicken in the fridge.
- Use the Syrup within 1 week
Crepes (depending on how much oil is absorbed) = 145 calories, 9.4g fat, 11.7g protein, 2.8g carbs, 1.4g fiber (59% fat, 32% protein, 8% carbs)
Syrup = 138 calories, 15.6g fat, 0.2g protein, 0.1g carb (99% fat, 1% protein, 0% carbs)
Adapted from http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/keto-crepes/