The Chicken Fiesta Fajitas are based on a common Fajitas recipe with a minor twist. We are going to use ground cinnamon dry rub to season the chicken instead of a vegetable oil marinade to reduce saturated fat and keep the chicken tasty and tender.
Chicken Fiesta Fajitas
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 11/2 lbs skinless (boneless chicken breasts)
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 large sweet onion (such as Vidalia)
- 2 T canola oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 12 6-inch corn ezekiel tortillas, warmed
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease baking sheet.
- In bowl, combine cinnamon, salt, and black pepper. Add chicken to bowl with seasonings and toss to coat evenly.
- Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Bake chicken 25 to 30 minutes or until no longer pink. Cool slightly, then pull into shreds with two forks.
- Meanwhile, slice green and red peppers lengthwise into thin slices. Cut onion in half, then cut each half into thin slices. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add peppers and onions and cook 7 to 10 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic; cook 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and lime juice to skillet with peppers; heat through.
- Spoon chicken mixture into serving bowl. Place ezekiel tortillas on plates, and let everyone make his or her own fajitas.
Adapted from Today's Dietitian