Full of veggies and beans, great source of fiber and good proteins from beans. Contents tummy and soul.
Autumn Bean Soup
- 2 cups white kidney beans (cannellini (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup kidney or red beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup chickpeas (garbanzos, rinsed and drained)
- 2-3 cups fresh spinach or escarole (washed, drained, & chopped, or 1 10 oz. package frozen spinach)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 onions chopped (2 cloves garlic, minced)
- 1 tsp. each dried basil & oregano
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- Pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Combine all ingredients & simmer until onions are soft. About 45 minutes.
- Garnish with optional parmesan cheese
FLT (per serving): 1.5 legumes, unlimited category 1 vegetables 144 calories, 24 g carbohydrates, 8 g protein, 2 g fat
Adapted from Meridian Wellness