- 1 lb. medium asparagus (ends discarded)
- 2 cups 1 16-oz. package frozen edamame, defrosted
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ lb. arugula (or any mixture of baby greens you desire)
- ¼ cup parmesan
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut asparagus stalks into ¼-inch diagonal slices, separating tips. Put stalks into mixing bowl.
- Blanche tips in 3 qt. of boiling water for 1-2 minutes only.
- Remove tips from water and toss with defrosted edamame, reserved stalks, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pile arugula (or other mixed greens) in a salad bowl and toss with remaining olive oil. Top with asparagus and edamame, and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.
Adapted from Visions Healthcare