If you eat a lot of granola bars, making your own from the assortment of oats, nuts, and dried fruits that are always in the cupboard is a natural next step. Simple flavors, wholesome ingredients, salty-sweet and lots of crunch.
5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (these are optional, but they give a nice texture)
- 1/2 cup unsalted almonds (chopped)
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon of liquid stevia
- 1-2 egg whites
- natural cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- other nuts
- Preheat over to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, chia seeds and almonds. Add liquid stevia and 1 egg white and mix to combine. Add melted peanut butter and mix until moistened. This works as a perfect, simple granola bar, but you can also throw in any add-ins at this time. Fold them into the dough. You may need to get in there with your hands and work the granola dough! If dough is still too dry (this can depend on your ingredients) add the second egg white or add more melted peanut butter 1/2 tablespoon at a time until moistened.
- Press dough in a greased (non-stick spray) 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes.