Spaghetti Squash Black Bean Taco Lettuce Wraps
- 1 large spaghetti squash (about 3 lbs.)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. coarse seas salt
- 1 head of lettuce (leaves washed and separated)
- 1 15 oz. can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Pierce squash (about 1″ deep) all over with a small, sharp knife to prevent it from bursting. Cook in the microwave for 6–7 minutes. Turn the squash over and microwave it until it feels slightly soft when pressed, 8–10 minutes more. Cool the squash for 5 minutes.
- When the squash has cooled enough to handle, scrape the flesh with a fork, loosening and separating the strands from the skin and each other. Discard the skin.
- In a small bowl, whisk together slime juice, chili powder, cumin, coriander, and salt. Pour two-thirds of the lime mixture over the squash and gently toss them together. Taste the squash and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Pour the remaining lime mixture over the black beans in a separate bowl and toss to combine. Microwave the beans for 1 minute.
- Arrange a platter of lettuce leaves, then top each with black beans, squash, onions, feta, and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges and hot sauce, if desired.
Adapted from lightly adapted from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook