Fall pumpkin soup that is delicious and also dairy-free
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 large organic carrots (chopped)
- 2 cups organic veggie broth (low sodium no preservatives)
- 2 cups pumpkin cooked and pureed (bake sliced and seeds removed, face down at 350 F for 35-60 minutes, until soft when pierced with fork. Cool and scoop from skin)
- ⅔ cup canned organic coconut milk (no preservatives added)
- 1/4 tsp stevia (more can be added to taste)
- 2 teaspoons or less lime juice, to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- In a large sauce pan, heat your oil/fat over medium heat.
- Stir in your onion, carrots. Saute for 5-10 minutes until wilted and soft.
- Stir in the broth, pumpkin. Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Puree the soup with wand blender.
- Return to your saucepan and add the remaining ingredients.
- Heat gently.