The result is a hearty, not-too-sweet spread. It’s amazing with apples or even just on its own—just don’t get too carried away with that spoon.
Pumpkin Pie Butter
- 8 small medjool dates (these are very large dates. If you can't find them, double the amount of smaller dates)
- 1/2 can of pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- place dates in food processor and pulse until they are ground into a paste. They’ll probably all clump together into one big date ball.
- add the remaining ingredients and blend until a creamy consistency and golden brown color is obtained.
- serve immediately, or store in an air tight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
*Replace natural sugar with stevia to assist with weight loss
Adapted from Oh, Hopscotch!