Choose your favorite vegetables and enjoy this surprise protein boost sauce. If you are not eating dairy, consider using a seasoned cauliflower crumble topping instead.
- Review directions (below. You will be choosing your own combination of vegetable toppings to suit your taste preferences.)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large saucepan heat 3 Tbsp EVOO. Sautee mixture of favorite vegetables, cubed/diced (I used green pepper, onion, mushrooms) add spices to flavor.
- Pour into a bowl and let sit
- In a blender/food processor combine 1 can beans(rinsed twice), a small can of tomato paste, 1/4 cup water, and spices and herbs (oregano, Italian spice, etc..) Should have a thick sauce consistency
- After cleaning the 6 large portobella caps, use a little EVOO to lightly grease a cookie sheet place all portobellas cap side down and apply sauce and add your desired toppings, top with 1/4 cup shredded cheese on each. (Note** do not pack the cheese into the measuring cup)
- Put the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 25 mins.