Just because it’s almost Halloween, doesn’t mean only having sugary treats! These little guys take less than 30 minutes to make and you can get the whole family involved in making them.
Jack-O-Lantern Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Peel the skin from both sweet potatoes and slice the tips off.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a small “V” shape in the top of the sweet potato.
- Slice the sweet potato in 1/8″ thin slices. Use a small sharp knife to “carve” jack-o-lantern faces into each sweet potato.
- Mix the spices and melted coconut oil in a bowl and brush on both sides of your jack-o-lanterns
- Place the sweet potato fries on a cookie sheet and bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
Adapted from Nalls' Kitchen