Souping it up! The perfect way to get a light but protein rich meal.
This one is a little different than a normal tomato based soup. The Cauliflower And White Bean Soup is beautiful creamy white with the texture to match.
Cauliflower And White Bean Soup
- 2 ½ cups cauliflower
- 1 can cooked white beans (i.e cannellini or butter beans)
- 1 small white onion- sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic- crushed
- 2 ½ cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- Fresh parsley to garnish- optional
- Chop the cauliflower into small pieces, add to 2 ½ cups low sodium vegetable stock into a medium sized pot. cook for approx. 5-6 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Meanwhile saute the onion and garlic in the oil for 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Add the onion, dried herbs and can of beans into the pot with the cauliflower and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and blend the soup until smooth.
- Serve immediately garnished with parsley or other herbs as desired.
Adapted from Including Cake