Looking to change some minds about tufo? Enter this stir fry, which is full of sweet-salty flavor, broccolini and tofu.
Broccolini with Tofu, Sesame and Coriander
- 1 block extra firm tofu pressed and drained***
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tbsp sriracha or chili sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb broccolini
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander or cilantro
- Cut the tofu into strips about 1 cm or 1/2 inch thick. In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sriracha, and sesame oil. Gently mix the tofu into the bowl with the marinade and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Trim any hard leaves off the broccolini and discard them. Place the broccolini in a large pot full of boiling water and blanch for 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Leave it to dry.
- Scatter the sesame seeds in a nonstick skillet and toast for 5 minutes, jiggling the pan, until evenly browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place a large wok or heavy skillet over high heat. Add the peanut oil. Reduce the heat to medium, then carefully add the tofu strips and leave for 2-3 minutes, then gently turn them to cook the other side.
- Add any remaining marinade to the pan. Add the cooked broccolini. Add the cilantro and half of the sesame seeds and stir together gently. Remove from the heat. Season to taste with soy sauce, chili sauce and salt. Serve over quinoa, rice, barley...whatever grain you want!