Normally my favorite way to saute green vegetables is to use garlic and red pepper flakes but I was serving this as a side next to Sriracha Chicken Strips so I nixed the spicy red pepper and opted for cool, fresh ginger (which happened to be left over from the chicken marinade). You can also simply saute it in oil and garlic. You can also stir the sauteed bok choy right into the Garlic Noodles for simple bok choy noodle stir fry!
Sauteed bok choy also makes a great add-in for yummy Ramen Bowls so keep that in mind as you shove the leftovers into the back of your fridge!
- 1 lb bok choy, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 drops tamari soy sauce
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Chop bok choy and garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their health-promoting properties.
- In a stainless steel heat broth. When it begins to steam add bok choy and healthy sauté, Sauté for 4 minutes.
- Toss with garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste and any of the optional ingredients you would like to include.
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp tofu, cubed
- toasted sesame seeds