Sauteed Pear Salad
- 1 large head Boston lettuce (torn into bite-size pieces)
- 1 tablespoon (s olive oil or butter)
- 2 firm but ripe Bosc or Anjou pears (each cored and cut lengthwise into 8 wedges)
- 1/4 cup (s cider vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon (s Dijon mustard)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper
- • In large serving bowl, place lettuce.
- • In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium 1 minute. Add pears and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until they begin to soften and turn golden.
- • Meanwhile, in cup, stir vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper. Add vinegar mixture to pears in skillet, and cook 1 minute or until liquid begins to thicken.
- • Pour pears and liquid from skillet into bowl with lettuce; toss to coat. Serve immediately
170 calories per serving