Simple. Delicious. And of-so healthy. Get a megadose of nutrients in this easy-peasy side dish or healthy lunch. This salad brings out the best in kale, a phytonutrient-rich food that provides more beauty-boosting vitamin C than other leafy greens.
Sautéed Kale with Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 large Vidalia (sweet onion, cut in crescents)
- 2 large cloves garlic (minced)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 12 curly Kale leaves (stems removed, coarsely chopped)
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over high heat. Add onions, garlic, and salt; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add chopped leaves, pomegranate seeds, and water; stir-fry 3-5 minutes or until greens are wilted. Serve immediately.
Serve with lentils or organic chicken for a complete meal.
Adapted from Natural Beauty