Protein Power Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sweetened with erythritol and stevia, and loaded with protein through nuts, this a great sweet treat that travels well.
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour/meal (great source of protein)
- 1/2 cup Lily’s Dark chocolate chips (sugar free sweetened with erythritol and stevia)
- 1/2 cup second nut flour/meal or nut butter. You can put almond or unsweetened natural peanut butter in for this step (or just grind up some pecans with a mini food processor)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut flour (great source of fiber)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (or palm shortening)
- 1 egg (or 1 Tablespoon milled flaxseed mixed with 3 Tablespoons hot water)
- 1/4 plus 1/8 Cup Swerve (Erythritol sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix ingredients and press into rounded teaspoons onto stoneware baking pan. Bake in preheated oven at 325 degrees for 12-17 minutes, or until cookies begin to turn golden (check them often so that they don’t burn on the bottom). Stoneware works nicely to prevent cookies from burning on the bottom in the way that they tend to with glassware.
Adapted from http://www.lauraschmittne.com/