Whip up this frothy cooler in minutes — it tastes like an old-fashioned Creamsicle. For best results, start with ice-cold soy milk and use freshly squeezed orange juice. Creamy, custard-like silken tofu adds extra body. For additional calcium, use calcium-fortified orange juice.
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice (chilled)
- 1 cup light vanilla soy milk (soya milk, chilled)
- 1/3 cup silken or soft tofu
- 1 tablespoon dark honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ice cubes
- 4 peeled orange segments
- In a blender, combine the orange juice, soy milk, tofu, honey, orange zest, vanilla and ice cubes. Blend until smooth and frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into tall, chilled glasses and garnish each glass with an orange segment.
*Replace natural sugar with stevia to assist with weight loss
Adapted from Mayo Clinic