Today’s recipe is brought to you by Mary, a Heal n Cure patient. A soufflé is lightly baked made with egg yolks and beaten egg whites combined with various other ingredients and served as a savory side dish.
All the spices mentioned in this recipe can be found at www.penzeys.com
The night before:
Soak 8-10 walnut halves overnight in filtered water, keep in refrigerator.
4 cups of fresh CURLY PARSLEY. Rinse well and trim stems. Spread out on a towel to air dry for an hour or more. Store in refrigerator overnight in a plastic bag with a paper towel with the bag open.
Run the following ingredient through a spice grinder.
2 t. whole fenugreek seeds. Don’t put in whole seeds into this recipe without grinding first or use 2 t. dried fenugreek. Set aside for the following day.
The day you make this recipe:
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Process, pulse PARSLEY, through food processor in stages, till you get +2 cups roughly processed parsley. Do not make it a puree, just very roughly chop the delicate herbs. Set aside in a large bowl.
In a food processor add the following:
- The 2 cups of fresh parsley just roughly processed
- The 2 t. Fenugreek processed the night before
- 1/2 c. fresh Cilantro, stems removed
- 1 1/2 T. Penzeys freeze dried shallots
- 2 T. dried Parsley flakes (optiona)
- 1 1/2 T. dried Dill Weed
- 1 1/2 t. dried mint leaves
- 1/4 t. Penzeys dried Roasted Garlic
- 1-2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- The walnuts soaked from the previous night
- 1/2 c. of fresh Spinach chopped
- Very small bunch of fresh peeled finely chopped Tumeric (optional)
- 3/4 t. Penzey’s Sumac Berries Turkish ground
Pulse gently till all is still roughly chopped together, maybe 8-10 pulses is needed.
Place the HERB Mixture aside in a very large bowl.
- Separate 8 egg whites from yolks, and set aside.
- Make sure that NO TRACE of egg yolk is in with the egg whites.
- Place egg whites in a VERY CLEAN stand mixer bowl with whisk attachment.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 t. fresh Cream of Tartar.
- Whip egg whites on MEDIUM LOW speed until foamy 2-3 minutes.
- Increase speed to MEDIUM HIGH and whip till STIFF Peak stage just starts to form, 2 minutes or more.
For egg yolks add 1/2 t. Spice Islands Lemon Pepper.
Using an immersion blender whip egg YOLKS for 90 seconds and set aside.
Into egg whites mixture GENTLY FOLD in the beaten egg yolks till no more yellow streaks.
GENTLY FOLD in HERB MIXTURE from above into egg mixture.
Pour a small amount of extra virgin olive oil in a 9″ x 9″ oven safe Pyrex casserole dish to coat the bottom and sides.
Add the COMBINED HERB EGG mixture into the baking dish, scraping the bowl.
- Crumble on top with 2 T. Non Fat Sheep’s Milk Feta Cheese.
Bake at 250 degrees for about 30-35 minutes. It’s done when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with mini baby cucumbers, sliced radishes, fresh mint leaves. Squeeze lemon juice on Fage non-fat Greek yogurt sprinkled with dried dill weed and dried mint flakes. Serve this with Mary’s Eggplant, Tomato, Okra, Lentil, Spiced Stew also on this website.
Note: *Replace natural sugar with stevia to assist with weight loss