Chickpea cookies! Chickpea cookies with no flour, no oil, no white sugar. These are just full of chickpeas. And they’re my very favorite healthy cookie so far! I don’t know if they really classify as cookies so I’ll go with cookie dough bites.
Grain-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- 1¼ cups canned chickpeas (well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (SunButter Natural or almond butter – room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp of honey (try substituting with stevia)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn't have salt in it
- ½ cup dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C. Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they’re combined.
- Put in the chocolate chips and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.
- With wet hands, form into 1½” balls. Place onto a Silpat or a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don’t do much rising.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. The dough balls will still be very soft when you take them out of the oven. They will not set like normal cookies.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature (or in the fridge) for up to 1 week.
*Replace natural sugar with stevia to assist with weight loss
My can of chickpeas was 400 grams, 240 grams without the water, and I used all but a few tablespoons.
Don’t even try with regular peanut butter! They’ll come out oily. You MUST use natural peanut butter. 🙂
Adapted from Texanerin