A gluten free ketogenic diet inspired gingerbread treat.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/8 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 4 TBS Swerve (or 1 tsp stevia glycerite)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. In a large bowl combine eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil and sweetener. Whisk together. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly until smooth.
- Grease an 8×8 inch glass baking pan (or a small loaf pan) with coconut oil and fill pan with batter. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 40 minutes, or until firm to the touch, or when a toothpick or fork tine inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool and top with cream cheese frosting if desired.
124 calories, 9.5g fat, 4.4g protein, 4.2 carbs, 2.3 fiber (70% fat, 15% protein, 14% carbs)
Adapted from http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/gingerbread/