But what I am a fan of is chocolate. And brownies. And chocolate covered brownies MMM. I’d try anything to get more chocolate inside me without feeling like I just ate a bag of sugar. Eat these brownies guilt free for a healthy dessert.
Black Bean Brownies Recipe
- 1 15 oz. can black beans (well rinsed and drained)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 T coconut oil (melted (or sub other oil of choice))
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Optional: walnuts (pecans or semisweet chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 pan
- Add ALL the ingredients except for the toppings in a food processor or blender. Pulse until it is smooth
- If the batter appears too thick, add a Tbsp or two of water and pulse again. It should be slightly less thick than chocolate frosting but nowhere close to runny.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the tin and smooth the tops with a spoon or your finger.
- Optional: Sprinkle with crushed walnuts, pecans or chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are dry and a toothpick can come out clean
- Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan.
*Replace natural sugar with stevia to assist with weight loss
They will be tender, so remove gently with a fork. The insides are meant to be very fudgy and I found them to be slightly crumbly but delicious nonetheless!
Adapted from Sweaty and Fit