Celebrate the seasons and serve a vibrant winter fruit salad loaded with navel oranges and sweet Ruby Red grapefruit. A basil vinaigrette, made with dried basil, lemon juice, and red wine vinegar, brings out the fresh flavor of the sliced onion and cucumber.
Winter Fruit and Cucumber Salad
- 1 or 2 bunches Red Leaf lettuce (torn)
- 2 medium navel oranges (peeled and sectioned)
- 1 medium Ruby Red grapefruit (peeled and sectioned)
- 1 seedless cucumber (scored and sliced)
- 1 small red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Toss first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add last 4 ingredients to a bowl and whisk well to combine. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and serve.
Adapted from My Recipes