Ricotta cheese is rich in protein, and pears are a good source of fiber. Together with a teaspoon of cinnamon, they make a delicious snack for any time of day. Each serving contains 8 g protein, 5 g fiber, and 170 calories.
Warm Pear with Cinnamon Ricotta
- 1 small pear (halved and cored)
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat broiler or toaster oven. Place pear on a baking sheet; broil 10 to 12 minutes until tender.
- Combine ricotta and cinnamon in a small bowl. Top warm pear with ricotta mixture.
*Replace natural sugar with stevia to assist with weight loss
Adapted from Health