Vegan “Egg” Nog
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts
- 6 pitted dates
- 1 13-ounce can unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch cardamom
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup aquafaba
- Stevia sweetener as desired
- Place nuts in a glass container and fill with hot water. Soak for one hour, drain and rinse off any skins. Nuts can also be soaked overnight.
- In a high-speed blender, add soaked and drained nuts, dates, coconut milk and vanilla. Blend on high until smooth. Strain off any particles from the dates that do not process.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse to blend. Chill for 2 hours.
- Blend aquafaba in blender until very frothy and white in color, about one minute.
- Fold aquafaba froth into chilled eggnog. Sweeten with Stevia if desired.
- To serve, pour into glasses and garnish with additional cinnamon and nutmeg.