Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
A dairy free sugar free ice cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Swerve (or to desired sweetness)
- 1 cup canned organic coconut milk (stirred well first)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 vanilla bean (scraped clean)
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- In a medium saucepan place the egg yolks and sweeteners in to mix on high with a hand mixer. Whip yolks until light in color and double in size. Stir in the coconut milk.
- OPTIONAL to cook the custard (I skip this since I am not afraid of raw eggs): Place the saucepan onto medium heat on the stove and cook, stirring constantly ( see photo). Stir until thickened into a custard. Remove from heat and stir in the almond milk, vanilla bean seeds and salt. Let cool completely.
- Place into your ice cream machine (click HERE to find the one I love AND it is 1/2 off the original price!!!) and watch the magic happen within 45 or according to your ice cream maker’s directions.
- Freeze until set for vanilla ice cream or stir in your favorite swirl flavor to mix it up. Makes 5 servings.