The color, the taste, the nutrients. The Ultimate Green Juice is a great way to start the day or for an afternoon snack.
Ultimate Green Juice
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 3-4 stalks of celery and its leaves
- 1 piece of fruit: green apple (pear, or spear of fresh pineapple (base your choice on whatever is available to you as fresh and organic))
- 1 whole peeled lemon (save the peel for its zest!)
- 2- inch piece of ginger (use less if this is too spicy)
- optional: half a hothouse or 2 Persian cucumbers (unpeeled)
- Wash everything and make sure they’re all dry. It’s great if the fruit comes straight out of the fridge so the juice is cold.
- Send everything through the juicer one by one. I have no idea if this is important to the mechanics of the juicer, but I start with the “softest” vegetables like spinach first, and end with the ginger.
- Stick your juice in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill it down before drinking it.
Adapted from The Delicious Life