Tomato Basil Fritatta
Tomato Basil Frittata
- 12 organic egg whites
- 12 oz ground turkey pre cooked
- 2 roma 2-2/5" dia Tomatoes
- 1 small red pepper diced
- 2 cup Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped Onions
- 4 tbsp Basil
- 1/2 tsp leaves Oregano
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 dash Black Pepper
- 1 dash Salt
- 1. Whisk egg whites with black pepper, salt and oregano. Mix in 1 diced tomato and chopped basil. Set aside.
- 2. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3. Heat a 10-12 inch oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, then sauté onion for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Crumble turkey sausage over onions and continue cooking until sausage is cooked through. Mix in spinach until it is just wilted.
- 4. Lower heat to medium-low. Ensure sausage, onions and spinach are spread evenly in the skillet, then pour egg mixture over top.
- 5. Once the edges of the eggs begin to set, add 1 sliced tomato on top. Continue cooking for 6-8 minutes until edges are set and the top is slightly runny.
- 6. Bake on 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until frittata is completely set and cooked through.