This super-easy crockpot soup has a mild chili flavor. If you want more heat, increase the amount of chili powder and don’t seed the jalapeños. This is a game day winner!
Three-Bean Vegetarian Chili
- 1 3/4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 chopped seeded jalapeño peppers
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 15-ounce cans no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream or plain greek yogurt (optional)
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Combine first 12 ingredients in a 6-quart electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Ladle soup into bowls; top with sour cream or yogurt, cheese, and cilantro. You can also use chopped green onions or more jalapenos as a topping!
Adapted from My Recipes