Packed with protein, zinc, and folate, these crunchy and delicious roasted chickpeas are not only healthy but seriously addictive.
Sriracha, Cilantro, and Lime Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 can (15 ounces chickpeas (garbanzo beans))
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce*
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (1 lime)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest (1 lime)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rinse and drain chickpeas. With a paper towel, pat dry the chickpeas. Not to worry if some of the skins come off.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, Sriracha sauce, lime juice and sea salt. Add chickpeas to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the chickpeas evenly on the pan. Place in the oven and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring halfway through, until crunchy. Add cilantro and lime zest to the roasted chickpeas and toss to coat. Allow to cool and serve.
*Sriracha Sauce is a Thai pepper sauce available at most grocery stores. Look for the bottle with a rooster on it.
Adapted from MOM.me