Sprouted Mung is great for people on diet. Sprouted Mung is rich in vitamins and minerals. Also considered as one of the healthiest bean. This yum sprouted mung bean is made with only 6 ingredients. Fresh Coconut gives great flavor to this recipe. The best part is there are no spices added yet so tasty. It is a must try recipe.
Sprouted Mung Bean Recipe
- 2-3 cups sprouted mung beans
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- ½ cup fresh grated coconut
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp canola or olive oil
- Firstly take sprouted mung bean. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil on medium-high heat in a wok or large pan. Once oil is hot, saute chopped onion and green chili for a minute on low flame.
- Add turmeric and mix well.
- Now add sprouted mung bean with salt as per taste.
- Finally add Fresh grated coconut.
- Cover the the pan and let it boil for about 20 mins. Keep stirring and checking. Add 2 tbsp water if required. Once the mung bean cooks, remove from heat.
- Your Sprouted Mung Bean is ready.
Serve with steamed brown or wild rice.
Adapted from Flavors of Mumbai