This open-faced toasted sandwich is the perfect introduction to this miniseries because it screams spring through its colors and flavors. Sunflower bread is toasted to golden perfection, slathered with creamy lime-splashed avocado, and topped with radishes and sprouts. It’s all incredibly simple to throw together and the combination is out-of-this-world amazing. The nuttiness of the bread is hugged by the creamy brightness of the avocado + lime, and the radishes + sprouts add a kick of peppery sassiness that will rock your vegan world.
Springtime Avocado and Radish Toasts
- pieces of sunflower bread or other sprouted/seeded bread
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 lime
- sea salt
- 1 radish
- handful of microgreens | I used watercress sprouts
- Optional toppings: olive oil (maldren salt + black pepper)
- Toast the bread.
- Halve the avocado and scoop the flesh into a small bowl. Halve the lime and squeeze the juice over the avocado. Add in a pinch of sea salt, to taste. Using a fork, smash the avocado until a creamy mixture forms.
- Using a mandolin or sharp knife, thinly slice the radishes.
- Slather each piece of toast with the smashed avocado, layer the radish slices, and sprinkle the sprouts on top. If desired, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Adapted from Blissfull Basil