Spaghetti Squash, Shaved Fennel and Warm Apple Salad
Fall flavors enhance this spaghetti squash meal for a light vegetarian option
- • 2 cups mixed greens
- • 1 cup spaghetti squash (cooked and cooled (warm would also work))
- • ½ cup fennel (shaved (a mandolin comes in real handy here))
- • 1 Royal Gala apple (peel on, diced (or other red apple of your choice))
- • 30 pistachios (chopped)
- • 2-3 tbsp cider vinegar
- • 2 tbsp fresh basil (finely chopped)
- • Dash of Himalayan or fine sea salt
- • Generous sprinkling of freshly cracked black pepper
- Arrange mixed green at the bottom of a shallow bowl. Sprinkle fresh basil all over the greens. Top with shaved fennel, followed with spaghetti squash
- Cook apple in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat for one minute of two, just enough to soften and warm it up a bit.
- Add about two tablespoons of cider vinegar to the apple and continue cooking until the vinegar is completely evaporated. Add apples to the top of your salad.
- Top with chopped pistachio, drizzle a little bit more vinegar if desired and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste