Chili is the kind of hearty dish that fits the game day bill perfectly, is seriously simple to make and feeds a big crowd. This recipe is also actually really healthy, so you might as well double it to make sure you’ve got plenty to go around. Just put the entire recipe in a zipper bag, freeze and when you’re ready to cook cut open the bag and place everything right into your slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- 1 to 1.25 pounds boneless (skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 cans (15 oz. each cannellini beans)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced or pressed)
- 1 serrano chili (finely diced)
- 1 can (4 oz. diced green chilies)
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- In a small bowl mix cumin, oregano, cayenne and salt. Sprinkle chicken breast pieces with spice mixture. Fill the bottom of the crockpot with chopped onions. Place chicken breasts on top of the onions. Add in beans, garlic, serrano, green chilies and chicken broth. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.