Shredded Mexican or Tex-Mex Chicken is so easy to cook in a crock-pot (slow cooker) or pressure cooker. It’s a great basic recipe to have on hand in your freezer for use in burrito, Quesadillas, Soft Tacos, Chicken Enchiladas, Chicken Tortilla Soup, or Chimichangas. Really, you can put this chicken in anything you want to give a Mexican or Tex-Mex flair to.
Shredded Mexican Chicken
- 6 skinless (boneless chicken breasts)
- One jar fire roasted salsa
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Combine all ingredients in the crock pot
- Set it on 8 hours
- Once the chicken is done, scoop it out and then shred it using fork or wooden spork