Roasted chickpeas in endless flavor varieties have been popping up all over the place these days. I have made them in the past, usually just being a plain jane with sea salt and pepper. But, when I realized that I had a gigantic spice jar of smoked paprika in my cupboard and a complete loss of what I was going to do with it, I came across a recipe that I thought I might try.
Roasted Smoked Paprika Chickpeas
- Two 15-ounce cans chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients together, mixing well with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the chickpeas to the rimmed baking sheet and carefully spread them in an even, single layer.
- Bake until lightly crisped, tossing occasionally, about 40 minutes or so.
Adapted from The Curvy Carrot