Hearty, sweet yet savory, and oh, so healthy… This Roasted Mushroom Salad most certainly fits the bill.
Roasted Mushroom Quinoa Salad with Pear Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs good quality olive oil
- 1 ripe pear (cored, peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 clove garlic (halved)
- 2 lbs portobello or crimini mushrooms (or a combination of both)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 -2 ripe pears (chopped)
- 1-2 cups arugula**
- slivered almonds or pine nuts
- crumbled Feta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the vinegar, mustard, pear and garlic in a blender with 3 Tbs of water and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Clean the portobello mushrooms of stems and gills, then cut into chunks. Cut Crimini mushrooms into halves or quarters, and add the chopped onion to the bowl. Pour about 3 Tbs of the dressing over the mushrooms and onions and stir to coat. Layer the mushroom mixture in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven until nicely roasted… about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- While the mushrooms are roasting, prepare your quinoa according to the package directions. When done, fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the prepared quinoa with the roasted mushrooms and onions. Add the chopped pear and arugula, and then add the remaining vinaigrette. Stir gently to combine. Salt and pepper to taste
- Plate salad, then top with slivered almonds or pine nuts and feta cheese. Enjoy!
Adapted from Lif Life Too