I love cooking eggplant now in a variety of ways, but one of my favorite eggplant recipes is this simple, yet savory Roasted Eggplant with Tahini Sauce Recipe. I love the smoky taste that the eggplant takes on when it’s roasted, and then the amazing and fresh tahini sauce drizzled over the top just makes it absolutely perfect.
Roasted eggplant with tahini sauce
- 2 medium sized eggplant (sliced into 1/2” slices)
- 2 tbsp tahini paste (make sure ingredients are preservative/additive free)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and mist with cooking spray or an olive oil mister.
- Place eggplant slices evenly onto baking sheet (you may need 2-3 baking sheets), mist with olive oil mister or cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until well browned, about 20-30 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, combine tahini paste, water, lemon juice, garlic, and paprika in a small bowl. Season with salt.
- Place roasted eggplant slices on serving dish and pour tahini sauce over them evenly. Garnish with parsley.
Adapted from LaaLoosh