A dry rub of coriander, pepper, salt, and garlic encrusts the roast. Be sure to buy organic, hormone free beef.
Roast Beef with Horseradish Mustard Sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 3-pound sirloin tip roast, trimmed
- 3/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- To prepare roast beef, combine first 4 ingredients; rub over roast. Place roast on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Insert a meat thermometer into thickest portion of roast. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300° (do not remove roast from oven); bake an additional 40 minutes or until thermometer registers 140° (medium-rare) or desired degree of doneness. Place roast on a cutting board; cover loosely with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature of roast will increase 5° upon standing.) Cut roast against grain into thin slices.
- To prepare sauce, combine horseradish, mustard, and vinegar. Serve with roast beef.
* Ketogenic 2:1, 3-4 oz serving of pasture raised roast beef with up to 1 Cup cooked cauliflower and 1 small/medium zucchini, cooked
Adapted from My Recipe