I actually like Quinoa because it’s versatile. I once made it with dried fruit and I couldn’t believe how good it was. Sometimes I will just add it to my leafy salad, or eat it plain with a good homemade dressing.
If you have never tried quinoa, give this recipe a go. I think you will love it. Feta and sun-dried tomatoes are a really good match for this grain, and the lemon vinaigrette pulls it all together nicely.
Quinoa with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Feta
For the Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 8 to 10 sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/3 cup crumbled light feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons freeze-dried basil (if you have fresh basil, use 1 tablespoon chopped basil)
For the Dressing
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- In a medium sized saucepan combine the water and quinoa; bring to a vigorous boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and let simmer until quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fluff up with a fork.
- Transfer the quinoa to a bowl and mix in the sun dried tomatoes, feta, and basil.
- Make the dressing by placing all ingredients in a small bowl; whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa, toss, and serve.
Use the dry sun-dried tomatoes and not the ones that come in a jar with oil.
Adapted from Diet Hood