Be sure to ask your butcher to cut out the chine bone and to french the rib rack for easy carving and an elegant presentation.
Pork Roast with Sweet Onion-Pumpkin Seed Relish
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 5-lb. 8-rib bone-in pork loin roast, chine bone removed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme (divided)
- 3 large sweet onions (about 2 lb., cut into 1/2-inch-thick rings)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 3-5 drops of liquid stevia
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 450°. Sprinkle 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper over pork; rub rosemary and 1 Tbsp. thyme over pork. Place pork in a lightly greased roasting pan.
- Toss together onions, olive oil, 1/8 tsp. pepper, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt until coated. Arrange onions around pork.
- Bake at 450° for 30 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 375°. Bake 50 more minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145°, stirring onions once. Transfer pork to a cutting board; cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop onions; transfer to a bowl. Stir in vinegar, liquid stevia, and remaining 1 tsp. thyme. Stir in pumpkin seeds before serving. Serve pork with relish.
Adapted from My Recipes