It’s hard not to love pizza. The gooey cheese, the soft, fluffy crust, the endless toppings. However, one slice of regular pizza has more than 15 grams of fat and 500 calories! Skip the guilt and still enjoy a slice of this healthier Buffalo chicken pizza with a cauliflower crust!
Spicy pizza made with a cauliflower crust
For the crust
- 1/2 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons oregano
For the topping
- 1 large boneless (skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded)
- 1/3 cup Buffalo sauce
- 1/2 large orange bell pepper (sliced)
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella
- Ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. To make the crust, place the cauliflower florets into a food processor or blender. Pulse on low until the mixture resembles rice.
- Place cauliflower rice into a skillet and cook for about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and place in a mixing bowl. Add egg, cheese, oregano, basil and salt and pepper. Mix until fully combined.
- Cover a pizza pan with parchment paper and smooth crust over the parchment paper to about a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake crust for about 15-20 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Mix chicken and pepper with the Buffalo sauce. Mix well. Place chicken and pepper on the crust. Add small pieces of mozzarella around the pizza and sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake for about 5-6 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let cool slightly and then cut to serve.
Adapted from She Knows