Any morning is a great time to start your day with some slow roasted tomatoes. It’s all about what you love in taste and flavor of tomatoes.
Perfect slow roasted tomatoes
- 20-25 super ripe plum tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 heaped tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 100-110 C.
- Wash and dry your tomatoes and cut them in halves lengthwise. Put them in a large bowl and add the spices and herbs. Generously add olive oil and toss to cover all the tomatoes with herbs. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay your tomatoes cut-side down. Place the baking sheet in the oven and have patience to wait for 6-8 hours for tomatoes to cook.