Parmesan Tomato Gratin. Celebrate the end of summer with this easy tomato side dish.
Parmesan Tomato Gratin
- 4 plum tomatoes (sliced (or any variety of ripe tomato))
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and saute onion, rosemary and olive oil for about 3-5 minutes just until softened.
- Transfer the onion mixture into a baking dish.
- Layer the tomato slices on top of the onions.
- Dot the tomatoes with the olive oil, drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and season with salt & pepper.
- Layer the parmesan on top and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.