The perfect summer breakfast to combine fresh seasonal cherries with whole grains.
Nutty Oats with Berries
Write a review
- 2 Cups water
- 1/2 Cup steel cut oats or 1 Cup 5 minute gluten free oats
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 Tbsp whole almonds
- 3 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 3 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/2 Cup cherries or blueberries
- Cinnamon for garnish
- optional - stevia to taste
- optional - 1-3 Tbsp unsweetened almond or coconut milk to taste
- Bring water to boil and stir in oats and salt. When mix begins to thicken, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes for regular oats, or 20 minutes for steel cut.
- Stir occasionally.
- In second pan, heat almonds and seeds over low heat 5-7 minutes to toast. Remove from heat.
- When oats reach desired consistency, divide into 4 servings, add 2 Tbsp nuts and seeds and 2-3 Tbsp fruit. Add garnish and optional items to taste.
- To ease digestion, soak oats in water overnight and drain before cooking in the morning
- 1 serving 205 calories, 24g carbohydrates, 7g protein, 10g fat